Monday, September 22, 2008

My Husband is the BEST!

Chris surprised me a couple of weekends ago. He called me up during the day and said we're going out tonight! I've got a babysitter all lined up. So with out a clue as to what we were doing, I was really excited and tried hard to figure it out. Well, I couldn't. At 6pm our friends, the Rusts, showed up and we were off. We drove around NE Portland so I was getting a little nervous. We pull up along a sidewalk and a park? Maybe? It was hard to tell..I wasn't quite sure and even a little more scared. We get out of the car and the guys went to the trunk and pulled out a picnic dinner and blankets. We walked up a very slight incline( just steep enough to hide the park from the road) and I was speechless. As we walked in the "park", there were thousands of roses. It was absolutely gorgeous! And in the middle of the roses was a beautiful fountain. We walked in and had dinner. The night was PERFECT! I felt like I was 19 again! I waited too long to get pictures of the roses, but here we are at the end of the night in front of the fountain.
Thanks Babe for a simple, yet so so perfect of an evening. I Loved every minute of it. And I can't wait to take the girls there!
I LoVe YOu!

6 comments:

Maylin said...

What a guy! That sounds like a great time. Tell me, where is this rosey fountain park? Better yet, have Chris tell Brad where it is!

Emily said...

Sounds awesome!!! Lucky girl!

Kirstin said...

Hello Kirstin, (this is Chris)
I LoVe ya heaps!
that was the perfect date/night, (thanks Craig, we did good.)
this is for Brad, the park is really
cool. this is the address, 700 N Rosa Parks Way, Portland
The name of the park is Peninsula Rose Park, just Google it.
I Love You Kirstin,
Luv Chris

Miche said...

You guys are so cute! I am so glad you updated! I have to check your all the time too because it is private! Miss you!

Trishelle said...

Way to go, Chris!! You are a lucky girl...Chris is a great husband. Don't forget that he's pretty darn lucky too!

Trujillo family said...

What an amazing man! Chris you should give a few pointers to Andy!!