This weekend, I got to get away for a little while, with some of my FAVORITE Women! My Mom and Sister and I went to Time Out for Women. We rented a room at the Crown Plaza Hotel by the convention center. It was really nice! Time Out for Women, was awesome. Friday night was basically a concert with some amazing musicians. One was from the Country group Diamond Rio, another has written songs for many singers, including Jessica Simpson and Shedaisy. They were really good. Saturday we got to hear a lot from Kenneth Cope. I love his music. I use to listen to him all through High School and his music has always touched my heart. That was no exception this weekend. The speakers were inspired and I needed the messages they sent out. Plus some were HILARIOUS! I feel spiritually Refreshed! I love to be able to do these things at least once a year. Rejuvenate my spirit and lift my soul. And having it so close to General Conference, made the spiritual experience that much better.
HERE ARE SOME OF MY FAVORITE WOMEN! My Mom, Sister Jenny, and my second family growing up. The HAWKINS GIRLS! (I missed you Angie)



Kim, Kenneth Cope & Me!!

Jason Deere!
4 comments:
It looks like you had a fantastic experience. How fun for you guys to have an over night adventure AND get your spiritual buckets filled!
It sounds and looks like you had a lot of fun! I really need to go next year! And it's even better you were able to spend it with your family!!
I am going to stop reading your blog if you don't update it soon! Hope you are all still among the living! :)
Kirstin...I had an experience this weekend. I took my almost-sister-in-law to a cooking and home decor store this weekend. While we were there I took my kids to a play nook so they could blow off some steam.
It was a cute little room. It had this darling little kitchen with a sink and stove, a toy box full of toys and a super plush couch. I was taking in the cuteness of the room when I noticed the carpet. It was so cool...so unique. It was a shag chocolately-ish brown with threads of creamy white and specks of black (I think). I thought, "How cool is that?! It's like...it's like...I know what it's like...It's BANANA BREAD!! then I realized, this could very well be Kirtsin's carpet!!!) If it is in deed your carpet, good form! Very, very cool!
Post a Comment